Monday, August 12, 2013

Festiva

Over the weekend Linda's family was out we had a real nice visit they went with Linda and the kids school shopping, I didn't go I don't like shopping especially clothes shopping, but I did get to dog sit, I had my two dogs Harlie and Callie plus their dog Ziggy. After they left for the mall coach Joe called to see if I could watch his dog while he and his family went to a family dinner so I had Koda also luckily they are all about the same size dogs, so they all chased each other around the house while I read the book Start by Jon Acuff it's really a great book I highly recommend it so I read for awhile and took a nap and the dogs took that as a sign that it was nap time so when I woke up they were all on the couch with me. Not too long after we all woke from our afternoon siesta the family returned home from the clutches of sales and discounts with bags and bags of clothes, I was really glad I didn't go they looked bushed and me and my new furry friends were well rested and ready for dinner. We went to Chili's, I love that place, had a great meal, oh and before we left Joe came by and picked up Koda. Earlier in the week I had gotten word that a coworker had a car for sale that was in pretty good condition and I had planned to take Chelsi to go see it on Sunday so that's what we did Sunday morning we left the house at about 08:00 stopped a Carl's jr for a quick breakfast on our way to Yorba Linda about 45 mins away, we got there and this totally cute little car was sitting in Dennis' driveway he had just washed it, it is an 88 Ford Festiva it's red/maroon it looked like it had been in a time capsule, I'll try to add a pic of it at the bottom if this, we brought it home everyone loved it and I took the girls for a little ride in it and later that evening I took Chelsi out to see if she could get the hang of driving a manual transmission and she did pretty good, as most of you know learning to drive a stick takes practice so I feel she'll do just fine. So when she gets to driving this car I'm gonna put the Pulsar up on jack stands and do a little work on it so that Cortni will have something to learn to drive with since she is just around the corner from getting her permit, so that was pretty much my weekend in a nutshell. So lets be careful out there.  M
Ps. If you keep doing what you've been doing, you'll keep getting what you've been getting 

1 comment:

  1. Thats a fun and festive little car! :) Hope the girls get alot of pleasure and safe travels in that thing. Good job, Dad. The fun part...teaching a teen to drive a stick...oh boy :) I remember doing that when I was stalling at the light on Rosecrans and Marquardt...by Amtrac daily, til I got the hang of it. Always told girls growing up, dont have a man teach you that one... its not always a patient, fun experience. Good luck Pops! :) haha L

    ReplyDelete