Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This or that

I'm finding out that my life, during the week anyways, is very routine but I think it's on the border of boring. Trying to think of something to write about that's new is hard to find, so I'm gonna try an divert my time into looking for some things that are going on around me that I think need to be fixed or at least adjusted  while trying no to be a whiner. Wait wait wait I've got an even better idea, I'm gonna figure out what I can change about myself to make me a better person, father, husband, just an all around better human being, that sounds like a bigger, more rewarding project. I'm gonna start with no longer raising my voice, unless I'm at a concert, that should be the easiest place to begin since I'm under the impression that being angry is 90% my own fault, it probably has something to do with a matter I failed to address beforehand, and that makes it my responsibility to address it now, in a civil manner. I'm not crazy or an angry person, although I used to be verbally abusive with my family years ago but I feel I have gotten past that with an understanding that if it bothers me enough to be mad about it just do it myself and maybe my family will acknowledge how I want something done, if that's the case. So I have become "ok with it" if say the dishes aren't done or the beds are not made, I find myself not doing them either or making the bed, but I do make the bed because I get home so late that Linda will have all the covers on her side if I haven't claimed my half and I am the last one out of bed so it only makes sense to me to make it. Second item on the agenda will be to get MY chores done I a timely manner such as all the outdoor projects like mow the yard, wash the cars, spray for bugs, clean the backyard, and the garage, I initially had great visions of mowing on Mondays, cars on Tuesday, backyard on Wednesday, balance the finances on Thursday, and sleep an extra hour on Friday so when the weekend got here all my chores would be done, that's the plan anyway. So step 1 and 2 are written down now I have to do my best, and hold myself accountable, maybe my family will also try to free up our weekends, we'll see. Until next time.  M
Ps. Saving is behaving

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Anger doesnt get us anywhere. But frustration does sit in and make people wonder why others dont have the same ideas of the way things seem to work easier by just handling it certain ways and ahead of time. I have no patience for lazy....But some people like to just go with the flow...there will always be tomorrow. But with kids...its always good to set examples. so they too can be somewhat organized and have some kind of structure. Plans, goals and preventive maintance i have always believed. and still make time for fun. But understanding that everyone handles things differently and making things work together is a great insight. So get on it! haha Patience can really help...but a struggle for many at times. Good manners and good habits, good company!

      Delete